Featured Post

No Reply from Heaven

  I received a response yesterday to my post “Tears in the Closet”.   My friend reminded me of the “extreme separation”, which are the words...

A Note

Friday, April 29, 2011
This week I began to read back through some of the cards and letters that I have received,  I had received so many, that I had them organized into different piles.... need to record address, require thank you, or to be saved.  I was reading through some of the ones to be saved because I had not fully read all of them, since  there were so many.  Some of them would quickly move me to tears and cause me to ponder what they had  said.  I received a short note from a good friend of my brother's earlier this week.  Even though it was short, it moved my heart greatly. (Thank you, Bob C., for your  kind words.)

He said, "My Father once told me that what allows one to hurt so much, is the ability to love so powerfully.  Most people will never experience these two conflicting feelings.  You and Michael were graced."  It took my breath away. Because we loved so powerfully, and were so free with our love, we had much more at stake for pain.  We had stripped ourselves bare without any inhibitions of sharing our love for each other.  In doing so, we were also allowing ourselves to be vulnerable to a greater pain. I think that these two conflicting feelings are most present when you live your life with passion and from your passions.  Yes, we were graced.  God brought us together to make beautiful music through living our lives together. Sometimes, when I think about our lives together, it is almost like watching a movie in my memory.  There are no words, just us living life with a beautifully scored musical piece playing while I watch the action.  We loved powerfully. When we hurt, we cried and shared our pain with one another in a powerful way.  This is the most powerful pain I have ever encountered.  This must mean we loved powerfully.

0 comments:

Post a Comment