Featured Post

No Reply from Heaven

  I received a response yesterday to my post “Tears in the Closet”.   My friend reminded me of the “extreme separation”, which are the words...

Glimpse of Heaven

Saturday, April 2, 2011
    A few times since my days without Michael, I have had a burning desire to just catch a glimpse of him where he was.... in heaven.  I feel like it would be much more settling if I could just see, for a moment, what is really going on where he is.  I know he is healed, whole, and full of the glory of God.  I know that, as Abraham did during his life, "He was looking forward to the city with foundations,whose architect and builder is God.", Hebrews 11:10.  He is now in that city studying from and worshipping the master architect.... but I just want to see a small vision of what that looks like.  One day, while I was driving in my car alone, and the rush of that desire came over me.  I audibly and literally cried out to God, " O Lord Jesus, let me just see him there with you. Just a small glimpse.  It would help me to just have some kind of mental picture... anything."  Then I had a quick thought, "Is that wrong to ask that?"  I decided it was not.  
    In most of the comments that are emailed to me from my posts, they are marked anonymous.  I think some people think I know who they are or that their email address is attached.  This week, I received this prayer from someone. I think I know who it is, but am not sure.  I am amazed at how the Holy Spirit has connected so many people with my pains and desires.  Countless times, people have prayed my prayers or they have thought about what I am going to write the day before I write it.  One Holy Spirit, One Body.  I had not told anyone of this heart's desire to catch a glimpse, but this was the prayer I received from someone, "May all of our spiritual eyes be opened to the fact that the world beyond is more real than anything we can see with the physical eye. Lord, grant us that glimpse, grant Jene' that glimpse, through spiritual eyes, through your voice and Spirit, we call upon your mercy for such."   It comforted me to know that I was not alone in my prayer.
    I decided to see what the scriptures had to say about this, as an attorney would try to establish precedence.  I wanted to know that this was something that God had done before or addressed it in some way.... I found plenty.


 Hebrew 11:27, in reference to Moses, it says, "By faith he left Egypt, not fearing the king's anger; he persevered because he saw him who was invisible."


2 Kings 15-17 "When the servant of the man of God(Elisha) got up and went out early the next morning, an army with horses and chariots had surrounded the city.  'Oh, my lord, what shall we do?' the servant asked.  'Don't be afraid,' the prophet answered.  'Those who are with us are more than those who are with them.'  And Elisha prayed, 'O Lord, open his eyes so he may see.'  Then the Lord opened the servant's eyes, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha."


Isaiah 33:15-17, " He who walks righteously and speaks what is right, who rejects gain from extortion and keeps his hand from accepting bribes, who stops his ears against plots of murder and shuts his eyes against contemplating evil - this is the man who will dwell on the heights, whose refuge will be the mountain fortress.  His bread will be supplied, and water will not fail him.  Your eyes will see the king in his beauty and view a land that stretches afar."


Psalm 17:15,  a prayer of David, "And I - in righteousness I will see your face; when I awake, I will be satisfied with seeing your likeness."


John 17:24, a prayer of Jesus, "Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world." 


I know Michael is seeing the Lord now in his full beauty and glory, but I would love to see him  basking in it.



4 comments:

Anonymous Says:
April 2, 2011 at 11:03 AM

I tell you the Holy Spirit is just amazing and the goodness of God overwhelming. As I sent that prayer to you, my spirit was just typing, without regard to human thought. It's like when you pray in the spirit and quickly interpret in a manner that it bypasses your mind. This is part of the awesomeness of our God. It's always gratifying for all involved to have things confirmed in our hearts. So many people are touched by your sharing. It's literally a ministry within itself. May we all stay near the heartbeat of God, as Michael and the vast array of witnesses cheer us on.

Anonymous Says:
April 2, 2011 at 5:27 PM

I lost my Momma 3 years ago today & thank you sooo much for your post today! I keep your family in my daily prayers...much love to you, your children & your families.

Anonymous Says:
April 2, 2011 at 10:46 PM

I had a friend who lost her son at a young age. He was just in his late teens when he passed into heaven. She, naturally missed him very much. Your plea to the Lord sounds just like hers. She began to ask the Lord if she too could just see him and know that he was well. He, indeed showed her a glimpse. Said that she saw him in a dream setting on top of a hill full of the most beautiful flowers she had ever seen. Ask and you shall receive..

Anonymous Says:
April 2, 2011 at 10:52 PM

I to am using the anonymous because I do not know you and never had the priviledge to meet you dear Michael. A friend of mine knows you and had told me of his passing and how many people attended his funeral. I thought how wonderful a person he must of been..then found you blog and can see truly how wonderful spirits you both have. Keep up the writings!

Post a Comment