Featured Post

No Reply from Heaven

  I received a response yesterday to my post “Tears in the Closet”.   My friend reminded me of the “extreme separation”, which are the words...

I Love You, Michael

Saturday, November 12, 2011
This post is a continuation of the previous one entitled, “I Love You, Jene’”. I am sharing another small sampling of the love notes we shared. There were so many from which to choose, but I wanted to record a small portion of them in order for my children and me to always remember this private aspect of our marriage love affair. I believe that our notes to one another are what kept our romance alive, beautiful, and flourishing after 24 years. I copied these exactly as they were written. Notice that he, more often than not, put an exclamation point after writing, “I love you!”

Mother’s Day (Date unknown….between 2003-2007)
This note accompanied a dozen roses.

Let these roses remind you of these 12 things that you are:
1. You are Christ-like
2. You are anointed
3. You are sweet
4. You are creative
5. You are beautiful
6. You are the best cook I know
7. You are virtuous
8. You are strong
9. You are gentle
10. You are their mother, the best in the world
11. You are my wife, my best friend
12. YOU ARE SPECIAL!!!!
I love you,
Michael



Valentine’s Day 2002
"Until now, until you….There were places in my heart I’d never been before, moments in the day I ‘d never appreciated before, promises in the night I’d never dreamed before…until now, until you."
You are the most incredible person, woman, lover, writer, dancer, mother, teacher, wife, and friend I will ever know. I’m thankful to God every day that you’re mine!
I love you!
Michael



Happy Birthday 2010
"Dream…On your birthday, remember that anything is possible when we listen with our hearts and lead with our dreams."
Babe, I love that you love to dream! Though sometimes I don’t seem supportive of you dream(s), please know that I am. My dream came true when you were born!
I love you!!
Michael


Happy Anniversary 2008 (21 years)
"On a very bright day, you came to me easily, arms open and your eyes seeing only me. I keep the memory of that day in a secret room. Whenever I feel the need, I open the door, enter the room, and visit for a long time with that memory. For the memories we have made and the ones we have yet to make."
Babe, this card truly expresses the occasions of memories had and experienced with you. Every day you give me many more memories to store, cherish and ones to “walk in and visit.” I love you and look forward to many more memories.
Happy 21st anniversary
I love you,
Michael



Valentine’s Day 2009
My Dear Sweetheart,
Words can’t describe the love I feel for you, nor should they. With every day that passes, your beauty becomes evident. Not just your physical beauty, of which none can compare, but also your radiance of purpose and your pursuit and passion for our good. I am truly a blessed man and a better man because of you. Forgive my “wanderings” at times, as my desire is to lead us on a journey of purpose and passion. Thank you for all you do and don’t do! I look forward to our amazing adventure with the Lord!
Happy Valentine’s Day!
I love you!
Michael



Mother’s Day 2008
The card has a faded black and white photo of a young woman with long dark hair wearing faded jeans and dark, casual long – sleeved sweater. Her arms are open and she appears to be dancing in a field with her head turned and hair flying out.
Inside it reads, “Every day, I’m more and more swept away. Thank you for being such a wonderful wife and mother.”
Babe, when I saw this card, I thought it said it all! I am truly swept away by your grace, your beauty, your diligence, your heart for God, and your passion for our children. Thank you for being the most amazing mother and wife!
I love you!
Michael

0 comments:

Post a Comment