Featured Post

No Reply from Heaven

  I received a response yesterday to my post “Tears in the Closet”.   My friend reminded me of the “extreme separation”, which are the words...

I love you, Jene’

Wednesday, November 9, 2011
I came across a note I had written for Michael recently while going through some other things. We loved to buy cards for each other for all occasions and we always took the opportunity to write something heart felt on the inside. We each saved most every card and kept many of them in our separate nightstand drawers. Sometimes we would skip doing a card and just write a note and leave it somewhere so that the other could easily find it. Sometimes I would write him a love note at night after he went to bed and tape it to the coffee pot for him to find in the morning while getting his first cup of the day. Other times I put them on his steering wheel in his car, in his side of the closet, or on the kitchen counter for him to see on nights when he would work late at the office. He saved one that was written on a sticky note that I had placed on the front door of our apartment when we were newlyweds in order for him to read it before he entered through the door. It said, “Stop! Prepare for a romantic interlude.” That note is still in his catchall drawer in the closet…. A 24-year-old sticky note. He always talked about it as if it happened yesterday. The one I found recently brought back so many memories that I decided to look at some others and read through a stack of them. I am writing down just a very small sampling of them…..beginning with the one I found from me. I will post again with a sampling of notes from him to me.

(In this card, I am referring to a coffee mug that had a little ceramic teddy bear hanging over the edge of the mug and it said, ‘I can bearly hang on without you’. I filled it with candy and had it delivered to his office in about the third year we were married. I pulled the mug down from a high cabinet a few years ago and did it again.)
20th Anniversary September 5, 2007
Remember when you received this mug the first time? When we were mere newlyweds?! It does not seem that long ago. I still feel like a newlywed, don’t you? A few things have changed… we know each other better (better than we know ourselves), have three children, your hair is shorter, mine is longer, a bigger home, more patience and respect for each other, we rise earlier and drink more coffee, less free time but stay home more, and last, but not least, can you believe how we have grown and changed in Christ? I would do it all again with you!
I love you,
Jene’


Father’s Day 2010
“You deserve The Royal Treatment”
You are such an amazing father! Thank you for keeping your children so high on your priorities. You deserve the Royal Treatment every day! Thank you for all the time you spend with us.
I love you,
Jene’


November 14, 2008 (his birthday)
“You’re not an afterthought, you’re not on earth ‘just because’, and you’re not a random act of His creativity. You were given His 100% stamp of approval from head to toe before you were born, and the moment you were, He beamed with joy. Just look at you now…God must be smiling still.” God loves you and chose you to be the carrier of such incredible gifts! Always remember to use them for His glory!
I love you!
Jene’

Father’s Day 2010
“Seeing the great father and husband you are makes everyone green with envy.” This is actually very true! After watching other husbands over the years, I realize more and more what a catch you are and how much of a blessing you are to the children and me. You are tenderhearted, compassionate, considerate, and wise. A perfect combination for a great father! Happy Father’s Day!
I love you,
Jene’

Valentine’s Day 2009
“If I know what love is, it is because of you.” Thanks for being patient with me and for being such a good teacher! Happy Valentine’s Day!
Your #1 love student,
Me

No occasion 2000
“Loving you is like opening a present and finding just what I always wanted.” Babe, I wanted to remind you that even though I don’t always act like I should toward you, thanks for being forgiving and know that you are everything I could ever want. I will try to not take you for granted any more.
I love you so much,
Me


November 14, 2008(Yes, I gave him two cards that year.)
“Happy Birthday to someone who’s amazing in so many ways.” You are so amazing, faithful, diligent, loving, kind, tenderhearted, compassionate, and thoughtful! May God bless you, strengthen you, and shine His light ever brighter on you today!
I love you,
Jene’

1 comments:

Anonymous Says:
November 27, 2011 at 6:00 AM

Wow, these last two posts have caused me to ask myself, "when and why did we stop writing notes?" Where has that delightful expression gone that we once shared? So much time has passed, how do we get it back? You have given me a great thing to ponder. Your words have been like fresh water. I hope and pray for our restoration. I hope and pray for your comfort in the living water who has the power to attend to us both. Thank you.

Post a Comment